SPRING GRADUATION IS MAY 9, 2024 at 6 p.m.
Graduation will be held under the oaks in front of the Wallace Administration building.
PARKING PROCEDURES 2024
All students will be asked to park at 123 Plaza Drive, the old Tim Whitehead Dealership, beginning at 3:45 pm. ESCC buses will be available for pickup.
Students are asked to report to Boll Weevil Central (located in Snuggs Hall) once they arrive on campus. After checking in at BWC, students are welcome to have their photo taken by the College’s photographer at the William “Bo” Weevil statue at the front of the campus.
Friends, family and other spectators will be able to park in available spaces in Parking Lot C (behind the LBW Student Center) and Parking Lot D (behind Forrester Hall). To access these locations, please enter campus through the George Wallace Drive entrance. Visitors can enter Douglas Brown Circle off Plaza Drive and then turn onto George Wallace Drive.
Overflow parking will be available in the Crossroads Community Church (Old College Cinema) Parking Lot across the street from campus. Buses will be available for pickup from this location beginning at 4:40 p.m.
Campus police officers will be on scene at both off-site parking locations during the ceremony. All buses will also be available immediately after the ceremony to return visitors to their vehicles.
Handicap parking and parking for special guests will be in Parking Lot A (next to Talmadge Hall). Faculty and staff will park in the green above the track off George Wallace Drive.
Applying for Graduation
*** Before applying for graduation, students must meet with an advisor in Boll Weevil Central or Student Support Services to complete a graduation audit. At that time, your degree plan will be reviewed to ensure you are on track to meet graduation requirements.
Students eligible for graduation must complete the online graduation application at MyESCC. If you are not able to complete the application at MyESCC please email email@example.com for a link to the Graduation Application Form. Your name should be the same as it is on your permanent record. If your name is different, please clear up any issues with the Admissions Office at the campus you attend.
The deadline to apply for the Spring 2024 Graduation is March 29, 2024.
For Spring graduation, applications must be submitted by MARCH 29, in order to have it processed, regalia ordered, and your name listed in the graduation program.
- Honor Society Graduates
- Members of honor societies are welcome to wear regalia (honor cords, stole, and/or tassel) at the graduation ceremony. For more information, contact your honor society sponsor.
Diploma and Certificates:
Diplomas and Certificates will be processed at the end of each term. Once all degree and certificate requirements are verified, the Registrar will post awards to the student’s transcript.
- Whether you participate in Commencement or not your diploma will be mailed to you by Parchment. Parchment handles all College diploma printing and mailing at this time. You can view a digital copy of your diploma once degrees are posted online at parchment.com by creating an account.
Graduates who need to request special accommodations for the ceremony should contact Ms. Dava Foster at 334-347-2623, ext. 2293.
Spring Graduation practice is 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 9, in front of the Wallace Administration. Graduates are encouraged to attend.
FOR THE CEREMONY
- Ladies: Please wear a dress (preferably without a collar) that does not show below the robe. Hosiery and dark, comfortable shoes are recommended. Jewelry should be kept to a minimum.
- Men: Wear dark-colored dress slacks, dress shirt, tie, and dark-colored dress shoes.
- Caps and gowns may not be embellished. This includes cap decorations of any kind. Note: Press graduation gowns with a cool iron.
Positioning the Graduation Attire
- Position the cap so the top is flat. The cap should not be set on the back of the head. The front of the cap point should be approximately one inch above the eyebrows. Please secure with a bobby pin.
- Place the tassel on the right side during the ceremony. Graduates will be told when to move the tassel to the left.
Proper Stage Etiquette
- When walking toward the stage to receive the diploma, hand the name card to the announcer. Your name will be read as it has been printed on the card.
- Extend your right hand to shake hands with the person handing you the diploma and receive the diploma with your left hand. Smile for the camera, say thank you, and continue across the stage.
The Commencement Ceremony is a time of great honor and dignity and a special occasion for our graduates and their family members. We ask that you refrain from talking, cheering, excessive movement, and using electronic devices during the ceremony.
Conclusion of Ceremony
During the exiting processional after the Commencement Ceremony has concluded, staff members will be collecting diploma covers. Thank you for your cooperation.