fbpx Skip to main content
  (334) 347-2623
George Scott named Head Coach for Lady Weevils Basketball

George Scott has been named the new head coach for Enterprise State Community College’s women’s basketball team.

“Right now is a good time to make the change to George as the head coach of the women’s team, especially with the team changing conferences,” ESCC Athletic Director Jeremaine Williams said. “With him being here at ESCC, it will be good for the girls to have someone working with them full-time. I know him from his time coaching at Kinston and Enterprise High School, and he’s going to do a good job as the new coach.”

Scott, a speech instructor at the College since 2000, previously held the position of assistant women’s basketball coach at ESCC from 2000-2008. His coaching history also includes serving as the assistant coach for the Enterprise High School women’s basketball team for four years and the head coach of the EHS women’s team for four years. He most recently served as the head coach for the Kinston High School men’s basketball team.

“We’re happy to have George take on the role of head coach for our women’s basketball program,” ESCC President Danny Long said. “He’s already a valuable member of our Weevil family with his history as a coach here and his work with students in the classroom. I know he will do a great job leading our women’s team as its new coach.”

Scott said he is ready to get started.

“I love to see players develop as individuals on and off the court,” Scott said about working with student athletes. “I enjoy being a part of that process.”

He also said he is excited about his new position within the ESCC Athletic Division.

“As an instructor and now coach at the college, I consider the people at the college more than just co-workers,” he said. “I consider them family. Being the head women’s coach is an opportunity my family and I have prayed for. I am honored and excited to lead the program into the future.”

Enterprise State Community College

Your College, Your Future

Enterprise State Community College offers excellent academic, technical, and workforce training programs in order to prepare students for jobs that are in demand! Our faculty and staff are committed to the educational success of all ESCC students!

READ OUR LATEST NEWS
APPLYMyESCCSCHEDULE OF CLASSESHOW TO REGISTER