fbpx Skip to main content
  (334) 347-2623
Wessel named new ESCC Men’s Golf Coach

Wessel named new ESCC Men’s Golf Coach

Ethan Wessel is joining the athletic department at Enterprise State Community College as the new men’s golf coach.

Wessel has a 20-year history in the golf business, with personal experience as a coach and player. According to Wessel, he completed four years playing golf at the high school level before competing for multiple championship-winning teams at the Division III collegiate level in Minnesota.

After college, he competed in several Wisconsin PGA Section events before his move to Enterprise. He has also led individual golf lessons and coaching since 2012.

“We’re excited to have Ethan join us here at Enterprise State,” Athletic Director Jeremaine Williams said. “He has a strong background in the sport, and I think he’s going to help this team continue to grow and be successful.”

The ESCC Men’s Golf Team officially started competing in the 2021-22 academic year under the helm of Coach Scott Stephens. During the 2023-24 year, the men’s golf team placed 7th in the NJCAA Division I Men’s Golf District Championships, with player Nick Cook taking home the individual championship for South District. The team then participated in the NJCAA Division I National Championships, held in New Mexico on May 14, 2024. “I am confident that we will continue to build off the success that was created by Coach Scott Stephens and give this team an opportunity to compete for a state championship,” he said, stating he also hopes to work on team-building efforts as well. “Even though golf is primarily played as an individual sport, it is my intention to create countless team-building activities both on and off the golf course. Most importantly, I hope I can lead by example as we collectively aim to shape model citizens for this great community.”

Enterprise State Community College

Your College, Your Future

Enterprise State Community College offers excellent academic, technical, and workforce training programs in order to prepare students for jobs that are in demand! Our faculty and staff are committed to the educational success of all ESCC students!

READ OUR LATEST NEWS
APPLYMyESCCSCHEDULE OF CLASSESHOW TO REGISTER